About Me

Welcome to Mr. Maes’ 7th Grade Math Class!

I am very excited about the opportunities that we will have this year! This is my 20th year of teaching math to middle school students, and my 19th year here at Rocky Top. I am thankful to be a part of the original team who opened Rocky Top in 2004.

I have a BA in English from the Metropolitan State College of Denver, as well as a Secondary Math Certification. I also have an MA in Education Administration from the University of Denver.

I was born and raised here in Colorado. I met my wife, Donna, while we were in the same math class at Boulder High School. We are the very proud parents of three amazing boys, Ryan, Evan, and Austin. We are also blessed with a wonderful daughter-in-law, Morgan, and a beautiful granddaughter, Charlie. Ryan is a graduate of the University of Colorado, Boulder, with a degree in chemical engineering. Evan is currently serving in the United States Military where he is stationed in North Carolina along with his wife, Morgan, and daughter, Charlie. Austin is also a graduate of the University of Colorado, Boulder, with a degree in mechanical engineering.

I enjoy spending time outdoors. Fishing and exploring in my Jeep are among my favorites. I am in my 19th year of umpiring girls fastpitch softball, a sport that I am very passionate about.

Here’s to a great year together!